Voluntary Tennis Committee Member (Europe) sought
Virtus is seeking application for the position of Virtus Tennis Committee Member – European Region (voluntary). This is an exciting position suitable for coaches and sports practitioners with a good understanding of elite tennis, particularly for athletes with an impairment.
Virtus Sports Committees lead and manage our sport and competition programme. In particular they are responsible for development and growth across all regions, all aspects of competition management, classification management (where applicable) and for fostering positive and mutually beneficial partnerships with International Federations.
Application process and deadline
Applications should be made using the online form giving details of your background and experience for the post.
Your application will be shared with the relevant Virtus national member organisation and an interview may be held before a final decision is made.
Applications should be sent no later than 5th January 2022.
Information about the role
Reports to: Chair Tennis Committee
Start date: Immediate
End date: Appointments are reviewed on a 4-year cycle, after each Global Games
Working collaboratively, Committee Members will manage the programme taking lead responsibility for agreed areas. For details of committee responsibilities, please see the Tennis Committee overview.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To work collaboratively within the Tennis Committee whose responsibility is to coordinate and manage the VIRTUS Tennis programme
- To attend and actively participate in all meetings of the Committee
- To take responsibility for agreed tasks as designated by the Committee
- To attend events, acting as Technical Delegate where designated by the Committee
- To liaise with the local VIRTUS Region to deliver the Sport plan and priorities
Key Skills and Qualifications (Competency)
- Has an excellent understanding of, and empathy for, intellectual disability sport and the para sport world
- Has excellent understanding of table tennis and able to apply them fairly and consistently
- Has good leadership skills and is able to work effectively within a team
- Has excellent organisational, communication and administrative skills
- Chair of VIRTUS Tennis Committee
- VIRTUS Executive Director and management team
- VIRTUS Member Organisations
- Any other stakeholders including potential sponsors and dignitaries
- All VIRTUS officials must make all decisions with absolute impartiality in the best interest of athletes, sport and the organisation
- All VIRTUS officials must declare any potential conflict of interest and not act in association with any national or vested interest
- All VIRTUS officials must not abuse their positions or capacity in obtaining advantages or benefits
- There must be no association with any agencies or persons that are inconsistent with the principles of the VIRTUS movement and its ideals
- All VIRTUS officials shall promote the VIRTUS Code of Ethics by role modelling, peer monitoring and active peer support
- All relationships and activities with partners, supporters and sponsors must be done in the spirit of promoting VIRTUS