Open Event Bids
Events are awarded through an open bid process, and hosting an event can have considerable benefits for the host nation. It is a chance to showcase sport for athletes with an intellectual impairment throughout your country, a great way to build new partnerships including sponsors, the media, volunteers and supporters, and is a great way to share national traditions and culture with the rest of the world.
- 2024 World Tennis Championships* – deadline 31.3.2023
- 2025 World Basketball Championships* – deadline 30.9.2023
- 2026 Regional Games (Asia/Oceania)* – deadline extended t0 31.3.2023
- 2027 Virtus Global Games – deadline 28.2.2023
* – for the avoidance of doubt, all events held later than June 2023 should include competition for II1, II2 and II3 athletes and this should be reflected in the bid document.
Bids should be made in accordance with the specification guidelines which can be found in Section 8 of the Virtus Policies and Procedures and you are strongly encouraged to speak to the relevant Sport Director before commencing your bid.
Virtus will work with you to develop your bid, and if successful, we will work with you at every step of the way to ensure a successful event with lasting legacy.