Inas currently has a vacancy for a Sport Director – Football.
Sport Directors work under the direction of the Sport Technical Officer and manage all aspects of the Inas sports programme. They will be experts within their sport and able to lead and advise the organisation on rules/regulations, maintain rankings/records, oversee competition planning and manage protests/appeals.
Sport Directors are responsible for fostering strong links with Inas regional sports directors and the relevant International Federation to promote the development of the sport.
Sport Directors will be required to attend Technical Committee meetings (usually 3 per year) and must be available for all competitions.
- Be experienced within the sport, with a good knowledge of rules, competition and governance structures
- Be experienced in World Intellectual Impairment Sport event
- Be available for meetings of the Sports Technical Committee and World Intellectual Impairment Sport competitions
- Have the support of your national World Intellectual Impairment Sport member organisation
- Have good communication skills, access to email and able to speak English
An understanding/knowledge of intellectual disability sport is preferred.
A more detailed overview of the role can be found in the World Intellectual Impairment Sport handbook at www.inas.org. Inas is currently reviewing its procedures for the appointment of Sport Directors and so the appointment is temporary until April 2013 at which time you may be able to re-apply.
Applications should be made by CV/Covering letter which clearly explains your suitability for the post. The closing date is 1st June 2012. Applications will be considered by the Technical Officer and a telephone interview may be conducted following your application.
World Intellectual Impairment Sport is NOT able to cover travel and other expenses and you should discuss with your World Intellectual Impairment Sport member organisation how these will be paid BEFORE applying.
To discuss the role available, please contact Marc Truffaut (Technical Officer) at Marc.Truffaut@inas.org