https://c3k8ff.n3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Virtus-LOGO-01.png 0 0 nick https://c3k8ff.n3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Virtus-LOGO-01.png nick2012-07-24 20:27:332018-04-19 11:25:10Inas launches new eligibility and classification resources
Inas launches new eligibility and classification resources
With support from the British Psychological Society, Inas has developed a series of educational resources to help understanding of the process of athlete eligibility and classification.
- Paralympic Classification of Elite Athletes with Intellectual Disabilities– This short video will tell you the inspiring story of how athletes with intellectual disabilities have re-joined the Paralympics for London 2012. You will hear from athletes, the GB Head Coach, the GB Team Manager, the Chief Executive of the UK Sports Association and the Head of Eligibility for Inas as they discuss what is involved to become eligible to compete on this world stage, and the anticipated legacies of London 2012 for athletes with intellectual disabilities.
- Psychology and the Paralympics: This short film examines the role of the classifier for athletes with intellectual disabilities. Jennifer Maris is a trainee clinical psychologist and she recently volunteered to use her psychological skills to help the classification process for athletes with intellectual disabilities. Here she describes what this means, what’s involved and the exciting opportunities and challenges this has opened up for her.
- An Introduction to Eligibility and Classification – This presentation discusses the primary eligibility process and sports classification for athletes with an intellectual disability
- The Sports Classification Cognitive Test – This presentation talks in more detail about the computer tests used as part of the classification process
- Intellectual Disability – This briefing sheet discusses intellectual disability and some of the key organisations in the UK and worldwide
The resources can be found on the Eligibility page.