Virtus Swimming – Splash Challenge
The Virtus Swimming Committee has agreed to establish a new Challenge to be based on global rankings from Long Course events (50m pools).
This virtual competition will be held in the “gap” years in which no world event (World Championship or Global Games) is planned.
Results from Virtus approved events will be used to establish rankings for all II1 and II2 athletes licenced in the year. It is intended to include II3 eligibility group athletes once the trial period is complete.
- The event will run from 1 January 2022 until 31 December 2022.
- Individual performances will be gathered from long course competitions that have been approved by the Virtus Swimming Committee in accordance with Virtus Swimming Rules (7.9) Paras 1.2 and 18.2
- Individual performances from those events will be displayed on the 2022 Swimming Ranking page on the Virtus website.
Minimum Requirements for Splash Challenge
- Athlete MUST be licensed and on Virtus Master List (II1 or II2) for year 2022
- The pool must be verified/certified as 50m (and approved by Virtus Swim Director)
- Event is to be one of the following:
- Virtus Regional competition (Americas, Oceania/Australia)
- Virtus approved competition (approval by Virtus Swim director)
- WPS World Series competition
- WPS World Championship
- WPS approved competition (evidence of approval required
- Competition must take place between 1 Jan 2022 and 31 December 2022
- Results are to be submitted to Virtus Swim Director within 7 days of the event.