Virtus Event Calendar
Each year, Virtus works with its member nations to host an extensive programme of world and regional Championship events:
- World and regional Championships – Virtus organises world, regional and smaller competitions for all of the sports on its programme. World and regionals are held on two and four year cycles depending on the sport.
- Global Games – The Global Games are held every four years and act as the World Championships for each sport featured.
- Other competitions – Virtus also recognises other competitions where the results will go towards the world rankings. They may also be recognised as part of the development of the sport. These are know as ‘sanctioned events’.
Open Event Bids
Events are awarded through an open bid process, and hosting an event can have considerable benefits for the host nation. It is a chance to showcase sport for athletes with an intellectual impairment throughout your country, a great way to build new partnerships including sponsors, the media, volunteers and supporters, and is a great way to share national traditions and culture with the rest of the world.
- 2022 European Futsal Championships – deadline for bids 30 April 2021
- 2022 World Half Marathon Championships – deadline for bds 31st May 2021
Bids should be made in accordance with the specification guidelines which can be found in the Virtus Policies and Procedures and you are strongly encouraged to speak to the relevant Sport Director before commencing your bid.
Virtus will work with you to develop your bid, and if successful, we will work with you at every step of the way to ensure a successful event with lasting legacy.
Four-year event cycle
World Sailing and Virtus have joined forces to organise an eSailing challenge on Virtual Regatta, the world-leading digital sailing platform.
Held on Saturday 6 March 2021, this challenge will allow budding eSailors to play in an inclusive environment, and help to promote Para sailing within the Virtus community.
The eSailing challenge on Virtual Regatta Inshore will be open to all athletes holding a Virtus national eligibility, with racing taking place across the day to cater for different timezones. The event will be governed by the rules as defined in The Virtual Racing Rules of Sailing (VRRS) found here, and regarding scoring the Low Point System will apply.
How to take part in the event:
1. Register on Virtual Regatta and make a note of your Sailor registration name
2. Sign up to the Virtus registration form below
3. Attend virtual sailing school (which can be done as many times as you like)
4. Attend the race on 6th March 2021 – please note both times are GMT.
Sign up for the event here: