Equestrian Committee Member (Americas) sought
The VIRTUS Equestrian Committee is welcoming applications for the position of Virtus Equestrian Committee Member- Americas Region (Voluntary). This is an excellent opportunity for sports practitioners and coaches with a good understanding of equestrian, particularly for athletes with intellectual impairments. Applicants should be well connected with relevant organisations in North and South America and be highly interested to help develop Equestrian for riders with intellectual impairment in this region, including sourcing riders for the Global Games 2023 and organizing the Equestrian Event at the Regional Games in 2027. Applicants should be endorsed by their Virtus National Member Organisation.
Virtus Sports Committees lead and manage our sport and competition programme. In particular they are responsible for development and growth across all regions, all aspects of competition management, classification management (where applicable) and for fostering positive and mutually beneficial partnerships with International Federations.
Application process and deadline
Applications should be made using the online form giving details of your background and experience for the post.
Your application will be shared with the relevant Virtus national member organisation and an interview may be held before a final decision is made.
Applications should be sent no later than 31 July 2022.
Information about the role
Reports to: Chair Equestrian Committee
Start date: Immediate
End date: Appointments are reviewed on a 4-year cycle, after each Global Games
Working collaboratively, Committee Members will manage the programme taking lead responsibility for agreed areas.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To work collaboratively within the Equestrian Committee whose responsibility is to coordinate and manage the VIRTUS Equestrian programme
- To attend and actively participate in all meetings of the Committee
- To take responsibility for agreed tasks as designated by the Committee
- To attend events, acting as Technical Delegate where designated by the Committee
- To liaise with the local VIRTUS Region to grow and develop the sport
Key Skills and Qualifications (Competency)
- Has an excellent understanding of, and empathy for, sport for athletes with an intellectual impairment and the para sport world
- Has excellent understanding of Equestrian and able to apply them fairly and consistently
- Has good leadership skills and is able to work effectively within a team
- Has excellent organisational, communication and administrative skills
- Chair of VIRTUS Equestrian Committee
- VIRTUS Executive Director and management team
- VIRTUS Member Organisations
- Any other stakeholders including potential sponsors and dignitaries
- All VIRTUS officials must make all decisions with absolute impartiality in the best interest of athletes, sport and the organisation
- All VIRTUS officials must declare any potential conflict of interest and not act in association with any national or vested interest
- All VIRTUS officials must not abuse their positions or capacity in obtaining advantages or benefits
- There must be no association with any agencies or persons that are inconsistent with the principles of the VIRTUS movement and its ideals
- All VIRTUS officials shall promote the VIRTUS Code of Ethics by role modelling, peer monitoring and active peer support
- All relationships and activities with partners, supporters and sponsors must be done in the spirit of promoting VIRTUS