World Intellectual Impairment Sport is managed by a Governing Board who meet approximately twice a year and oversee strategy and policy on behalf of the membership.
The Governing Board are supported by a number of sub-committees.
President – Marc Truffaut (FRA)
Marc was elected as Virtus: World Intellectual Impairment Sport President in April 2017 having previously served as Technical Officer since 2011. He is also President of FFSA – the French Federation of adapted sport which supports more than 61000 athletes with an intellectual impairment. “I am committed to defending and representing the rights and interests of Continue Reading
Vice President – Robyn Smith (AUS)
Name: Ms. Robyn Smith Position: Vice President Country: Australia Member organisation: Sport Inclusion Australia “I am passionate about making Virtus a professional, relevant and dynamic International Federation capable of representing the sporting needs of athletes with an intellectual impairment globally.” With a wealth of experience as a coach and administrator within and outside sport for people with intellectual impairments, Continue Reading
Secretary General – Barry Holman (USA)
Barry has been the organisations Secretary General since 2013. He was co-founder of Athletes Without Limits – the US member organisation of Virtus - supporting more than 500 athletes across the USA. “I want Virtus to be the premiere worldwide organisation for sport for people with an intellectual impairment, promoting world-class sporting events”
- Member at Large – Linnea Bjorndahl (SWE)
- Member at Large – Amal Mobadda (EGY)
- Member at Large – Fausto Pereira (POR)
- Member at Large – Patrick Chan (HKG)
- Member at Large – Humberto Ferreira (BRA)
- Member at Large – Hiro Taniguchi (JPN)
- Co-Opted – Prof. Jan Burns MBE (GBR)
The Eligibility Committee determine all aspects of policy and procedure regarding eligibility for athletes with an intellectual disability and provide expert guidance on all matters relating to eligibility.
- Chair of Eligibility Committee – Prof. Jan Burns MBE (Governing Board)
- Catherine Fayollet (FRA)
- Oili Sauna Aho (FIN)
- Michelle Gilpin (CAN)
Anti Doping and TUE Committee
The Anti-Doping and Medical Committee determine all aspects of policy regarding doping control, provide support and guidance to event organisers, and oversee TUE and other administrative procedures.
- Chair Anti-Doping Committee – Trudi Jackson (USA)
- Dr Bahman Zand (IRI) – Chair of TUE Committee
- Dr Matsontso Mathebula (RSA) – TUE Committee
- Julian Soares (BRA)
- Moni Wekesa (KEN)
- Justin Lessard (CAN)
- Andrea Jacusiel (BRA)
- Robyn Smith (Governing Board)
The Elections Committee oversee the nomination and election procedures for the Governing Board.
- Tracey McCillen (GBR)
- Yossi Romano (ISR)
- NG Ching Man Aimee (HKG)
The Finance Committee receive financial reports and advise on all financial matters.
- Chair of Finance Commitee – Karon Nicol (GBR)
- Rob Peak (AUS)
- Paul Charnvit (Governing Board)
- Chair of Medical Committee – Catherine Fayollet (FRA)
- Ralph Belig (FRA)
- Piera Marchettoni (ITA)
- Asha Antony (KEN)
- Guy Ellis (GBR)
- Who we are
- What we do
- Athlete Eligibility
- Sports Management System
- Online payments